Tuesday 27 January 2015

Move from Tumblr back to Blogger



I've had been making blogs in Blogger (and former Blogspot) for years now, and I'm quite happy with it. It's a nice blogging platform with reasonable customization (I need customization). Recently I started this new blog about archery, and I started it with Tumblr since I've been told that everybody uses it nowadays. I didn't like it at all, it was confusing to even start the blog. I had to make an account and then another username for the blog. Then I suddenly had two blogs, and I only needed one. Tumblr (like Blogger) has some nice collection of web fonts, but sadly the fine title in my blog didn't work. The web font was just broken, corrupted, a mongrel. There couldn't be titles in the blog posts when I uploaded them with the photo option (which was best for uploading photos, I heard). Text colour couldn't be changed within a post. Customization was very limited. I couldn't change the width of the blog template. All and all, Tumblr was not suitable for my needs, serious blogging. It doesn't favour serious, text based, traditional blogging at all. It's made by hipsters for hipsters, intended for micro-blogging, a series of images accompanied with short introduction texts, if words at all. I don't like that, maybe that hyperactive adhd clicking and thumbs-upping world is good for some young people (no, it isn't, makes them even more unpatient), but not for me.
The most frustrating things however are that when I made a post and accidentally pushed the backspace button twice while writing the tags for the post, the web browser went back to a previous page and Tumblr hadn't autosaved my post at any time. I had to write it all over again. Blogger does autosave. And another thing, Tumblr blogs don't show up on a Google search. On a Google search! If something doesn't show up on Google search, it doesn't exist in the Internet! So it's completely useless to make to blog in Tumblr, if no one can accidentally find it. I would just have to promote it to everyone. No thanks. I will get much more views in Blogger for sure. And I didn't even see the analytics in Tumblr, there wasn't even the most basic app for calculating the visitors of the blog! On the other hand, Google analytics are the best there are.

So, I will continue this blog in here, in good ol' Blogger, since I found an easy tutorial on the Internet for converting a Tumblr blog to a Blogger blog. Nice reading moments to all of you from now on in this platform. The content will be as high (or low, if you don't like it) quality as before, text based posts (can't correct the mistakes and give advice without writing it down) with lots of helpful images and infographics too.

Bye for now!

No comments :

Post a Comment