Wednesday 6 February 2019

Dryad from Witcher 3

This is the dryad Morenn from the Witcher game series, and the picture is from the third game.
It is technically a good digital drawing, but the archery is technically not good. It has mistakes:

 

1. The arrow would fall off of here easily because the bow is in sideways position.

2. She's wasting a huge lot of energy by pulling the bow when she's not actually shooting. Don't do this. The grip is almost a thumb grip, but a little erroneously drawn.

3. The bow is wasting it's potential when the string is not attached to the nocks in the very end of the bowarms.

4. There are no arrows anywhere else to be seen, and no quiver.

Also the bowstring looks very thick, but I have not given it a mistake point. But maybe should have.

 

I have continued my criticism with other dryads of the Witcher world in a later post, that you can find here.

2 comments :

  1. That's a dryad from The Witcher universe, not an orc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is correct, and I was mistaken. I have corrected the title of this blog post now. I haven't yet have time to play the Witcher 3, where this image is from. I only played the first and second games, and liked them both a lot! Should start the third one this year maybe.

      Delete