Sunday 21 October 2018

Chibi elf with twisted body

I hate manga. I shouldn't say this, but I just did. There might be some good manga comics (manga = comics, I know!), but I hate this chibi style. I usually associate manga with chibi style (I do know there are other styles too, but they all have unnaturally big eyes), and I just hate it.

I hate this picture, not just because it's annoying chibi style, but because it represents archery so poorly.

Mistakes:

1. The whole stance is ludicrous, nobody shoots like this. The pelvis is turned forwards, even though it should be pointing sideways.
2. More of the wrong stance, the string arm should be at level with the other arm and the arrow, the right elbow should be pointing backwards.
3. This arrowtip weighs a ton and don't fly anywhere. Why would you also tie a ribbon to the arrow?
4. Keeping the index finger of the bow hand straight, to "guide" the arrow or something. A beginners mistake. Do people think it looks cool or something?
5. Bad quiver. That means a back quiver.

No comments :

Post a Comment