Tuesday 23 October 2018

Backwards shooting bipedal canine

Oh my God! Wait a minute, I'm an atheist, I cannot say that. Oh my Darwin... no doesn't work so well.
So, oh your God! This is horrible!
What can I even say about this. This is in the realm of furry fandom (Grrrrrrrr, and that is not the sound those "wolfkin" make, it's me shivering in disgust!). I don't want to talk about furries, they make me sick.

But let's talk about archery mistakes instead:

1. This string I've highlighted cannot go like this. But there was no room to draw it otherwise. The drawing is wrong, the bow cannot be shot in that position.
2. The arrow would fall off, since there's nothing to keep it there. It could be kept there with the thumb, but the thing is not doing it here.
3. The bow is horrible and ugly, why does it have all those bumps?

Bonus:
On the other hand shooting backwards (to the direction you are coming from) is possible. The horse archers often did it, and it's called a Parthian shot (after a seminomadic people who fought against Romans in the ancient times and used this technique in great success (if you want to learn more, check out the battle of Carrhae)). However this is not a horse archer and I see no point shooting backwards when you are on your feet. It's just a worse stance. It's necessary on horseback, since you cannot turne the horse around quickly. But there's no point of doing it here, somebody just thought it looked cool. No, it does not.

No comments :

Post a Comment