Tuesday 16 June 2020

Crossbow assassin


Let's review a crossbow for a change! Getting tired of handbows being drawn awfully, so this is gonna be a refreshing break. Mistakes:

1. This is a pistol crossbow, meaning that it's very small, easily used in one hand. These existed, but they were toys for the rich people in Early Modern period Europe. It was not an assassin's weapon by any chance.

2. The purpose of the stirrup in a normal sized crossbow is that the crossbowman puts his foot into it and that helds the crossbow in place while it is being loaded. This stirrup is too small for anyone's foot to fit in, and completely unnecessary since pistol crossbows were loaded without the stirrup.

3. The bowstring is not drawn, but there is still a bolt (crossbow arrows are called bolts) on the crossbow. This is wrong.

4. No quiver for spare arrows. Crossbow quivers were always carried on the hip by the way, surprise surprise.

1 comment :

  1. I have benefited a lot from reading your blog. I was looking for a full guideline and here I got it.

    I hope this article has achieved its objective to provide sufficient information on stringing a pistol crossbow. I can also reverse this method to restring my pistol crossbow. A lot of people find it challenging to string or restring their pistol crossbows. I hope this article has resolved our problem and guided me enough so that next time I can string my pistol crossbow immediately without anyone’s help.

    ReplyDelete